Infrastructure Development Engineer
We are seeking to appoint an Infrastructure Development Engineer responsible for managing and assisting in all aspects of Port infrastructure development and engineering works. Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Development, key responsibilities for this role include managing engineering projects encompassing capital and routine works and preparing tender documents, technical specifications, bill of quantities and drawings.
- An honorary or Masters degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Extensive experience of working in a similar role.
- Experience of managing a technical team.
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety legislation in construction regulations, codes of practice and environmental requirements.
- Experience of managing construction projects.
- Proven ability to problem solve.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An appreciation of strategic issues.
REPSONSIBLE TO: Head of Infrastructure Developments
OVERALL OBJECTIVES OF POST
Manage and assist in all aspects of port infrastructure development and engineering works.
- Project manage engineering projects encompassing capital and routine works.
- Prepare tender documents, technical specifications, bill of quantities and drawings.
- Undertake audits for associated projects in accordance with engineering quality procedures.
- Manage engineering contractors in accordance with the agreed contractual arrangements.
- Ensure that all Port infrastructure is fit for purpose.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of environmental, health & safety and appropriate legislation.
- Provide support and mentor engineering staff within the department.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and control expenditure with agreed financial protocols.
- Develop, manage and maintain effective relationships with internal customers and contractors.
- Manage line reports and ensure engineering projects are completed within budget, agreed timescales and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Support the development of engineering solutions to facilitate business growth.
The above list is not exhaustive and other duties may be attached to the post from time to time. Variations may also occur to the duties and responsibilities without changing the general character of the post.
The following are responsibilities for all positions with the Port:
- Participate in any review / performance management process involving the identifying of training needs for self and others.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of the post.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below.