Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM UK & Ireland is recruiting an IT Foundation Change Manager. The position will involve a mixture of working from home and working out of any regional BAM UK office. Some travel will be required within Europe.
We are on a drive to standardise and harmonise our IT operations across all our UK and Irish businesses, providing a uniform way of working in service delivery across the company focussed on providing excellent customer service. This will include, but not limited to implementing a single service desk tool and processes, a unified divisional support model, consolidating service providers and providing a single 'BAM workplace' to all BAM employees and partners. We want an end-user focussed approach that considers new technologies, tied to consistent ways of working with strong SLA's in place managed through KPIs. To assist with this transition in UK and Ireland we are looking for an experienced IT Change Manager. -
The IT Change Manager will report directly to the IT Foundation Manager (UK&Ireland) and will be responsible for implementing and maintaining IT change processes across all IT Divisions in UK & I, managing the lifecycle of all changes with the primary responsibility of enabling beneficial changes to be made with minimum disruption to the business and IT operations. The Change Manager will chair the UK & I Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Emergency Change Advisory Board (eCAB) for the UK&I and co-chair the Global CAB. The IT Change Manager will ensure that the information presented to these groups is complete and provides them with the information they need to make informed decisions about changes, prioritising, approving, or rejecting them.
Key stakeholders will be the UK & I Divisional IT teams, IT Foundation teams, Digital Construction teams, local businesses within UK&I, ITSM Office, local vendors, technology partners together with the Global BAM IT Centres of expertise and Shared services divisions.
• Implementing and maintain ITIL based change management processes within UK & Ireland IT teams
• Work closely with local and global IT teams to ensure change is managed effectively.
• Chair the Change Advisory Board (CAB) for UK&I
• Ensure all changes are communicated consistently across IT Foundation, Divisional IT Teams and the UK and I businesses.
• Review and record requests for change (RFC's)
• Categorise change requests
• Prioritise change requests according to business needs
• Manage the transition of change from development / project to business as usual (BAU)
• Accept or reject requests for change
• Co-chair the Global Change Advisory Board (CAB)
• Coordinate the building, testing and implementation of change both globally and locally
• Mediate conflicts related to change where necessary
• Create, maintain, and circulate a change schedule
• Conduct Post Implementation Reviews (PIR) after the implementation of change
• Maintain all change documentation (policies, procedures, templates etc)
• Be the evangelist for implementing change management processes across IT.
• Working with Agile teams integrate change processes.
• Produce Management Reports
Who are we looking for?
• Change Management Process (UK&I): Implement, maintain and manage best practice change management processes based on the global ITIL framework.
• Operational excellence: Support the development and execution of change management activities in partnership with customer teams - including stakeholder engagement, communication, training, and readiness and adoption plans
• Analytics: Track and report local key metrics regarding change performance based on business agreed SLAs and take appropriate action, when needed
• Innovation: Research & proactively identify opportunities to improve change management processes effectiveness and efficiency
• Team Member: Provide input into operations for global and divisional IT to help drive the optimisation, automation and service quality for IT Services delivered.
• Relationship: Liaise with key stakeholders to understand the business' needs and to make certain the appropriate parties in the business and across the IT Community understand any impact of IT change.
Mindset & Culture
• Role models the BAM values and behaviours.
• Creates a culture of continuous improvement and delivery.
• Identifies and grows best practices and strengthens system and process controls.
• Fosters a culture of customer focussed IT change delivery within the UK & Ireland
• Excellent Communication skills are an essential key requirement as you will be dealing with key stakeholders, end users and 3rd party service providers on an ongoing basis.
• Have excellent analytical, operational planning and execution skills
• Ability to work within a team to promote, develop and maintain strong customer service values.
• Have a positive, hands-on attitude and the ambition to drive the BAM IT Strategy forward.
• Attentive to details and accurate, with excellent organisational skills.
• Proactive and innovative, with the ability to remain pragmatic while ensuring controls are adhered to.
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels and influence change within the business
• Embraces positive change in a dynamic environment
Education and experience
• Candidate will have a Third Level qualification in IT or relevant experience.
• At least 5 years' experience in providing and supporting IT Change in large organisations.
• Strong technical process background in an IT Services
• Experience in managing and coordinating change processes through ITSM tooling such as Cherwell.
• ITIL qualification/experience a requirement
• Agile qualification/ experience desirable
• Business fluency in English is essential (written and verbal)
What's in it for you?
A rewarding and evolving environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary we offer a significant benefits package including an electric car or car allowance, bonus scheme, contributory pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), gym subsidy, BAM social club membership and many more exciting benefits. -
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.
Closing date for applications is Friday 28th January 2022.