Building the present, creating the future
We are looking for an expert in delivering technically challenging IT and Cyber Security initiatives who is interested in gaining experience on a global level and helping to drive some major transformational projects. Ideally based from our Leeds office, but this role could be undertaken by from any part of the UK as we have office's throughout.
Details of the role
IT is going through a major transformation within BAM as we transition to a cohesive One BAM IT department. All BAM Group Operating Companies have operated as a silo for several years, this has resulted in different standards being adopted that do not lend themselves to a single and uniform solution or way of working across IT, and no common approach to cyber security.
We need an experienced IT professional to help drive consistency and elevate security across the IT landscape with a focus on quick wins with maximum impact to our BAM userbase and security profile.
Working solely on short term project deliverables in an agile fashion you will be removed from day to day operational tasks, working in sprints to deliver tangible value and elevate security.
Roles and responsibilities
- To play a key role in our Special Operations team reporting to the IT Special Operations Manager, providing the technical assistance required for the team to succeed.
- Working closely with all OpCo IT departments and global Cyber Security to deliver technical solutions that will have visible business impact and raise the security bar.
- Hands-on implementation of technologies, resolving issues, mitigating risks, and escalating issues/risks when appropriate.
- Working with other virtual team members you will motivate and support the project staff, steering on the progress of controlled project implementations.
- Maintaining contacts with customers and project stakeholders regarding the status of a project.
- Maintaining solution documentation where required and assist in the handover to operational activity .
Who are we looking for?
Someone with 5+ years' experience in a security and infrastructure operations role.
- Working knowledge of switching and routing technologies.
- Proven understanding of TCP/IP.
- MS Active Directory.
- MS Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- MS Cloud Services - Azure, Office 365.
- Virtualisation and hypervisor technologies.
- Experienced in the operations of standard firewall technologies.
- Knowledge of end-point and gateway anti-virus technologies.
- Oral and written fluency in the English language.
- Information security or cyber defense qualifications.
- Fluency with applicable ISOs.
- Experience in penetration testing.
- Linux operating system experience.
- Database management.
A proven track record of technical success across a large userbase, ideally geographically spread. Thorough knowledge and expertise in the field of International ICT Infrastructure, cyber security, application and business change processes . Pragmatically set, packer, self-starter, meticulous, results and solution oriented . Experience with the dynamics of a commercial and/or project-driven organisation. This is a fast paced, dynamic role and you will need to be proactive, professional and solution oriented ensuring you build good relationships while helping the wider team. You know how to deal with unexpected problems and have a hands-on approach to solving issues as they arise.
Some international travel will be required.
What do we offer?
A challenging and constantly changing environment in an organisation in which IT is an essential part of the realisation of the new business strategy 'Building the present, creating the future'.
In doing so, we offer excellent employment conditions and plenty of scope for further personal growth and development, both within BAM_ICT and Royal BAM Group. Professional and motivated employees are the pillars for realising our strategic objectives.
Royal BAM Group nv is a construction company with ten operating companies, active in Construction and Property, Civil Engineering, as well as in Public-Private Partnerships. BAM has leading positions across European markets. Sustainability and innovation are major drivers of BAM's design, construction and facility management solutions. The Group has an aspiration to become the market leader in the use of digital technology to ensure that clients receive the highest possible standards of quality. BAM has annual revenues of more than ₠6.5 billion, employs approximately 20,000 people and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.