Laboratory Technician (Soils\/Materials\/Concrete - Depot) - Kilsyth
We are currently recruiting for Laboratory Technicians to join our permanent laboratory team in Kilsyth, near Glasgow.
Your key activities will include:
- Ensure that site sampling and laboratory testing is carried out to high standards of safety, quality and efficiency.
- Ensure that adequate and proper records are kept and filed correctly to satisfy the requirements of the laboratory management system and UKAS requirements.
- Ensure that sampling and testing is carried out to the appropriate British/European Standards.
- Ensure test equipment is checked, cleaned and maintained to an acceptable level.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with internal/external clients/site engineering staff on testing requirements.
Your experience should include:
- Soils sampling and in-situ/laboratory testing; geotechnical soils testing in accordance with relevant standards.
- Materials/Aggregate sampling/laboratory testing in accordance with all relevant standards.
- Concrete sampling/testing in accordance with all relevant standards.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.