Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting x2 Leisure Assistants to join Dalkeith Leisure Centre. This is a 0 hour contract vacancy and the hours may vary from 0-12 hours per week, additional hours may be required during peak times.
The Leisure Attendant role is to provide a friendly and positive experience, through delivering effective customer service and maintaining safe and efficient facilities through supervision and high standards of housekeeping.
Leisure Attendants play an integral part in the running of the DSCC campus. They will represent the leisure facilities in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner. Working as part of a team all leisure assistants will be efficient and complete daily tasks ready for handover at the end of each shift, ensuring compliance with all legislative and BAM FM policies and procedures.
This role will require flexible working and weekend working.
• Undertake general lifeguard duties and ensure the pool is never left unattended whilst in use
• Be aware of general pool conditions and report any changes to management
• Check safety equipment and report any defect to management
• Respond to emergency situations quickly and effectively and to give assistance to persons in difficulty throughout the centre
• Supervise the centre facilities and centre users to ensure the general safety and good behaviour of the public to prevent injury, misuse and damage
• Patrol all areas of the centre to ensure all facilities are being used in the correct manner
• Carry out cleaning duties inside and outside the centre in accordance with Health & Safety and the establishment procedures
• Maintain storage areas in a clean and tidy condition and in accordance with store plans
• Set out and clear away equipment in a timely and safe manner
• Maintain up to date records in accordance with legislative and BAM FM requirements
• Administer bookings, including taking bookings and payments
• Cash handling and securing money for banking
• Carry out routine building checks and completion of relevant documentation
• Carry out other duties that may be reasonably requested from time to time by BAM FM and client management
Who are we looking for?
• Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience of working within the leisure industry
• National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
• First Aid Trained
• Excellent organisational, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer care skills
• Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland)Act 2007 (PVG) in relation to this type of work is applicable for children
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
BAM Operate a Flexible working policy
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.