Managing Director (Europe)
Interspan are a highly respected Specialist Engineering Contractor working in the field of post Tensioning and Repair and Strengthening with an impressive portfolio of clients and contractors across various sectors of Building and Civil Engineering.
Having initiated a growth and acquisition strategy, we now wish to appoint a new Managing Director to deliver growth opportunities for our European Division.
Responsibility for the Growth and development of the business in the specialist fields of Post Tensioning, Repair and Strengthening and Concrete remediation across markets in the UK, Ireland and mainland Northern Europe .
Reporting directly to the group Board, you will be responsible for all business growth and operational activities across the defined region and this would include but not be limited to the following:
• Provide and execute strategic advice to the board of directors
• Establish company goals, aligned with the board and shareholder goals
• Prepare long-term and short-term goals, business plans and company objectives
• Plan cost-effective business strategies
• Guide and maintain the performance of the company
• Communicate company reports and achievements to the board, shareholders
• Manage financial investments and business ventures
• Provide leadership and motivation to all employees
• Supervise executives and managers
• Provide the company and employees with a clear vision for future achievements
• Ensure bottom-line profitability
• Develop and enhance reporting tools to monitor the ongoing performance of the company
• Lead strategy for new development and clients
• Establish relationships with industry and marketing experts
• Establish thought leadership through publication
• Build and improve the company public profile through networking, conferences, and speaking engagements
• Serve as the public face of the company
In a highly client facing role you will ensure the delivery of projects whilst managing client expectations and insulate the business from technical and commercial risk.
The candidate should possess key personal attributes of Intellect, Empathy, Agility and focus, with high expectations and an appetite for diverse working.
Key Requirements and expectations would include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, business, or related field; master’s degree and/or Ph.D. preferred
- 10-15+ years of relevant experience as a senior executive, managing director or related title in the industry
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Familiar with financial/commercial Management and management best practices
- Strong knowledge of the company, business, brand, and product; understanding of the company and its position in the market/industry
- Able to travel extensively within the defined territories on a short term basis
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Able to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions
To register your interest, please apply or for a confidential discussion contact Richard Samuels of our retained recruiters, James Gray Recruitment at email@example.com in the first instance.