Building the present, creating the future
Mechanical Agent - London
Riverlinx CJV brings together partners Ferrovial Construction, BAM Nuttall and SK E&C to design and construct the Silvertown Tunnel. This new tunnel will connect the Greenwich peninsula and the Silvertown district. The design includes a 1.4-kilometre twin-bore road tunnel under the River Thames as well as 0.6-kilometres of access ramps. It will connect south of the River Thames with the access to the existing Blackwall Tunnel and north of the River Thames with the Tidal Basin Roundabout, in Silvertown, easing traffic congestion in this key London location.
We have a requirement for a Mechanical Agent to be responsible for the planning and design in the area of Mechanical, Electrical and plumbing (MEP) system including developing policies standard, inspection procedure and evaluation tools for MEP matters along with prepare, review drawing, specification and cost.
• Provide technical advice to staff designer, procurement department, engineer, supervisor, inspector and contracting service provider, regarding installation and maintenance of MEP System. Ensure that installed works follow the construction issue drawings and are compliant with Contract specifications. Analyse Mechanical, Public Health and Suppression Systems engineering problems and formulate solutions.
• Ensure that the day to day duties are performed professionally and expeditiously to support the ongoing progress of the project. Progressive monitoring and weekly reporting progress (on quality, programme and risk issues) and completion of works, with supporting records and resolution of outstanding issues. Witness on-site Mechanical, Public Health and Suppression Systems testing/inspection that may be required during the works and advise the MEP project manager accordingly.
• Take part in risk workshops and report any risks associated with MEP installations or general projects to the MEP project manager.
• Ensure all works undertaken on site, are done so in a safe manner.
• Attend Health & Safety / Logistics daily briefings, with site teams / Subcontractors. Assure overall logistic and coordination enabling works to progress as planned.
• Programme: Ensuring that programme is maintained and where programme is slipping, advising in good time, so that appropriate action can be taken. Assess daily progress on site.
• Reviewing and provide technical acceptance for Method Statements Risk Assessments / ITPs/MAFs and making sure all these are in place and approved prior to commencement of any works. Ensure legislation and regulation compliance.
• Quality Control: Check Quality Control files and documentation ensure snagging, testing, witnessing and area handovers are completed on time and with paperwork presented, signed off and maintained for handover.
• Meetings for Progress and Quality: Attend project, site progress and any Mechanical, Public Health and Suppression Systems related technical meetings as directed by the project manager. Attend / lead meetings with Subcontractors / Client. Where in a 'chair' role you are responsible for the drafting and issue of minutes in a timely fashion.
• Assess progress on site to inform/verify subcontractor applications
• Be available to undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
• Undertake a prior review of the Contractor's proposed Mechanical, Public Health and Suppression Systems testing & commissioning methods, CTPs and schedule. Witness Mechanical, Public Health and Suppression Systems final testing and commissioning.
Who are we looking for?
The following are mandatory requirements:
Successful experience as an M&E Engineer.
Graduate civil engineer or equivalent.
Knowledge of legislation.
Knowledge of standard form of contracts.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.