At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Minor Works Manager to join the team on a 6 month fixed term contract, covering contracts across London and home counties. You may be occasionally required to travel nationally.
About the role
To lead and manage multiple Minor Works construction and/or M&E projects.
You will focus on:
▪ Proactively develop and maintain effective working relationships, ensuring Client's needs are understood, such that it enhances the company's reputation.
▪ Track the forecast and priority of works in order to meet business critical requirements.
▪ Establish and work within a team environment so the team can work together effectively, maximizing their skills and contribution to meet objectives and project deadlines
▪ Refine and lead on project management, CDM, H&S processes and governance as steered by BAM FM Minor Works and key internal Stakeholders
▪ Prepare and distribute all necessary reports and documentation in a timely and professional manner to relevant stakeholders to enable monitoring, control and communication
▪ Support the development and implementation of project process improvement.
▪ Establish and maintain mutually trusting relationships with key client stakeholders
▪ Engage with client early in specification stage as required
▪ Plan, co-ordinate and manage and report on Project Works requested by various client stakeholders
▪ Receive the Clients initial brief and where necessary assist to produce fully developed tendering instructions, to the client's confirmed requirements.
▪ Incorporate and emphasize good planning/programming skills.
▪ Administer the relevant agreement with supply chain and client.
▪ Contractor/Supply Chain Management
▪ Update and Maintain Project Tracker and other internal monitoring processes as required
▪ Develop project plans as required
▪ Undertake scoping if required
▪ Liaise with Clients and their senior team offering technical advice and knowledge regarding Construction and/or M&E Works issues ensuring contractual obligations are met.
▪ Attend Client meetings as directed/required in relation to Project Works delivery.
▪ Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions, risk registers
▪ Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
▪ Undertake project evaluations and assessment
▪ Maintain records in accordance with current protocols
▪ Undertake other duties commensurate with the role as specified by line manager
Who are we looking for?
To succeed in this role:
▪ PM or role experience and evidence of track record of delivery of projects between £50k up to £5m
▪ Experience of project works from inception to completion and handover
▪ Education to degree standard in a relevant subject construction or engineering subject (or equivalent)
▪ Experience post degree qualification (or equivalent experience) specifically Project Management of capital projects
▪ Ability to determine brief and technical assessment of required works
▪ Experience of site works monitoring with installation inspections & measurement.
▪ H&S in construction - other specific CDM qualification by reputable provider and suitably certified.
▪ Experience of model contract forms: JCT, NEC,
▪ High level of understanding of risk management tools, techniques and processes,
▪ Developing briefs, contract administration, and project evaluation. Experience of managing Client facing Project Works
▪ Experience of leading in H&S and welfare for own project works and those of others
▪ Well-developed communication, influencing and motivational skills
▪ Should be prepared for UK travel related to the job.
▪ Enhanced DBS minimum Security clearance
▪ Ability to combine project, business and relationship management skills in order to facilitate stakeholder groups.
▪ Experience of developing proposals, contracts, works variation and final accounts.
▪ NEBOSH Construction Cert
What do we offer?
In addition to a attractive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 11th June 2020