At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Minor Works Manager to join a contract in Hackney.
About the role
You will focus on:
• Managing the day to day running of minor/quoted works contract requirements, supporting LBH and site team in making decisions and providing direction that suits the work targets in terms of safety, programme and commercial control
• Manage site health and safety which includes organising access/permits/RAMs for contactor works and issuing to client for approval
• Manage the financial budget, approving PO's, sign off invoices in Basware
• Contributing to regular site meetings with client and works team
• Preparing and issuing Program of Works, including regular reviews and revisions as necessary. Managing the Programme and monitoring costs
• Leading, coordinating and motivating the site team and subcontractors in achieving a collaborative team approach to deliver the works
• Setting up quality control procedures and ensuring these are implemented.
• Ensuring competence of subcontractors in compliance with CSCS and Build UK requirements, prior to appointment
• Ensuring BAM FM environmental procedures are implemented on site.
• Manage the quote log with support of the admin team, issuing weekly excel reports to CM on status
• Being proactive in regards to what is happening on site. Provide recommendations for plant upgrades etc.
• Meets site staff to understand requirements of works required and puts a spec together to match when needed
• Makes sure that any BAM engineering team materials are ordered and delivered to site prior to works commencement
• Liaise daily with LBH PG team on progress of quoted works
• Drafts quoted works for all sites in cost plus mark-up before submitting to Dispatch then onto client
• Arrange and attend sub-contractor site meetings
• Attend site with PG Managers to agree and sign of works on completion using the LBH 'Handover Certificate'
Who are we looking for?
This would be an exciting career development opportunity for an individual currently operating within a Site Management role.
To succeed in this role:
• Relevant work experience, including knowledge of delivering Minor works for electrical, mechanical disciplines, building plus reactive work
• Managerial experience across mobile contracts
• Ability to work on own.
• Self-Driven, Well Motivated, Trustworthy, Client focused and reliable
• IT literate in working with Concept Evolution, FSIgo, Excel/Word via laptop
• Minor Works experience in Electrical, Mechanical plus delivering small Project works
What do we offer?
In addition to a attractive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.