Building a sustainable tomorrow
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Mobile Multi Skilled Engineer to join the FM team to support projects in the North-west region, covering Manchester, Oldham, Liverpool and Chester areas. You will be expected to take full responsibility for all aspects of building maintenance.
You will focus on:
• Carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance and complete the appropriate paperwork and reports.
• Carrying out Reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the associated paperwork.
• Being on call to provide the client with full out of hours cover.
• Assisting other team members when required or as directed from the Contracts Manager.
• Ensuring that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales.
• Overseeing visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work and Health and Safety.
• Adopting a flexible attitude in relation to assisting on other properties within the portfolio.
• Carrying out all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Understanding and completing all work related documentation accurately and on time.
• Carrying out work in a safe and diligent manner.
• Complying with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
Who are we looking for?
To succeed in this role you will have:
• Qualified to City & Guilds Level II/III or equivalent in relevant disciplines to role, electrically bias preferred.
•Service and repairs to HVAC equipment inc Pumps, Plate heat exchangers, Expansion vessels, pressurisation units, AHU's, VRV, VRF, Splits & Multi Splits, BMS controls, lighting & Electrical distribution
• Fault finding skills on HVAC systems
• Use of Mobile Devices to complete any works from the CAFM System
• Experience of electrical/mechanical maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including air conditioning, plumbing, boiler plant, ventilation, pumps, generators, switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting (where applicable).
• An understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
• Strong customer care focus.
• Clean driving licence.
• Good communication skills.
• Proactive approach.
• Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
• Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate and timely manner.
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.