Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Mobile Supervisor to join the South-east region, covering the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire areas. You will be an integral part of a team working across a number of different sites and locations, reporting directly to the Contracts Manager.
• Take full responsibility for the day to day operations of the mobile / static Engineering Team
• To work in both an administrative and 'hands on' capacity, undertaking the required paperwork functions whilst using practical experience and skills to assist and support the mobile / static Engineering Team
• To manage and monitor the work and performance of the mobile / static Engineering Team ensuring that performance levels are maintained to deliver excellent service to the Client and to meet required contract Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• To manage the ordering of spares and materials to site for standard PPM works and also for additional extra works undertaken
• To ensure and control excellent housekeeping practices throughout all locations and vehicles where the mobile / static Engineering Team operate
• Build long term relationships with existing and new / internal and external Clients of the business to ensure the business is driven forward
• Liaise and support the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Advisor in developing and delivering a robust EHS policy to the account / contract, providing duty of care to both the company, employees and the Client
• Assisting with internal and external audits and development of best practice to ensure compliance with QA and EHS standards within the organisation
• Support quality control in accordance with the company's Policies & Procedures: promoting good working practice throughout the Operations Team in terms of QA delivery (statutory requirements, site log updates, purchasing of equipment, site visit records, certificates, timesheets and all associated auditable materials and functions). Taking the lead at local level to ensure that records of works are accurate and meet all requirements of the QA policy of the organisation and specific region
• Communicate at all levels, both internally from Operations Teams to Account Manager and at Client level, from day to day Client to key decision makers in support of the Contract Manager
• To provide timely, accurate and concise data to assist the Contract Manager to build required reports to both Clients and line management
• To manage sub-contractors attending sites to carry out specialist service and project works not within the remit of the company.
• To pick up the duty of LV AP for the south-eastern area and the possibility of picking up the HV AP role in time
• To be the NICEIC qualified supervisor for the southern region and support the company in obtaining accreditation and retaining this through audits
Who are we looking for?
Who are we looking for?
• Have three years' experience in an Engineering Supervisory related role, preferably in the mobile maintenance arena, following a recognised Engineering discipline Apprenticeship
• Have five years' experience in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Combustion etc.)
• Hold 2391-52 or equivalent
• Hold BS7671:2019
• I.O.S.H. or equivalent qualification
• Experience of working within and managing / supervising within mobile service and static site operations
• An understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• IT user skills in Word and Excel
• Able to demonstrate excellent team motivational qualities to maintain morale in the Engineering Team
• Full driving licence
Other Key Attributes and Qualities:
• A positive, flexible approach and the ability to work under pressure
• Work well as part of a team but also to take the lead and follow own initiative
• To recognise performance, ability and also development requirements of self and team
• Ability to promote a strong and enthusiastic team working ethic
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £60 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.