At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Multi Skilled Engineer (M&E) to immediately join the team, based on the Nightingale Hospital in Exeter.
This role is a 6 month fixed term contract with the view to extend. Reporting directly to the Shift Supervisor, you will be expected to take full responsibility for the building maintenance across site. As part of this role, you will be required to work a shift pattern covering site 24/7, and complete a variety of tasks related to this role to ensure the continued smooth operation of the FM business.
About the role
• To maintain full and safe operational functionality and presentation of all M&E services including a wide range of heaters, air conditioners, coolers, dehumidifiers and/or other climate control equipment.
• Checking, cleaning, servicing, maintenance and record-keeping to be consistently carried out to the standards set down by the Company in accordance with the published Workshop Procedures and with Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
• The objective is to maximise equipment safety reliability, availability and presentation.
• Also to carry out repairs within the scope of training and competence.
• HVAC accessories, to maintain full and safe operational functionality.
• Installs and de-installs of equipment.
Who are we looking for?
• You must have relevant experience and a recognised qualification/apprenticeship in Electrical/Mechanical of HVAC, M&E services or FGAS.
• Experience of working within a mobile service delivery contract on a call out rota basis
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
• Strong customer care focus.
• Good communication skills.
• Proactive approach.
• Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
• Capable of completing essential paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
• Full UK Drivers license.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate. By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.