Building a sustainable tomorrow
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a FM Site Engineer on a 8 month fixed term contract, based in Leeds.
• Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Electrical & mechanical fault finding.
• Maintenance of electrical /mechanical plant and equipment to manufacturer's specifications
• Identifying spare parts to carry out repair and monitor and order stock through appropriate procurement channels
• Liaising with the client and carrying out clients request and supervision of subcontractors in relation to method statement risk assessment and safe execution of works..
• Provide general support duties.
• Other reasonable requests as and when. Ensuring site equipment is efficiently and effectively looked after, reporting defects and malfunctions to the Site Management and Regional Supervisor
• Experienced mechanical maintenance engineer working to SFG20 and manufacturers instruction on AHU's, pumps and valves. Also various ventilation systems and fans.
• Testing lighting systems, replacing where necessary, minor parts such as bulbs, tubes, fuses, starters and diffusers in accordance with safe working practices
• Undertaking handypersons duties as directed by Site Management as outlined below, but not limited to:
• Monitoring stock levels of consumable items such as fuel, grit, toiletries, light bulbs/tubes, and arrange to replenish supplies in accordance with current procedures
• Clearing blockages, removing foreign matter from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps etc. and cleaning spillages as required
• Escorting, where necessary, Personnel visiting the site (e.g. contractors)
• Complying with Health and Safety requirements as well as other relevant legislation and Site Rules, carrying out weekly site compliance tests such as EM lighting, Fire Alarm Testing and assisting with evacuation procedures
Who are we looking for?
• Demonstrable experience within a similar role
• Must be an experienced Electrician or Multi-skilled Engineer
• Qualified or experienced Plumber with experience of general H&S regulations, carrying out the preparation of Risk Assessments and producing Method Statements for works within the estate.
• Must be experienced and self-motivated and able to identify concerns / defects without direction.
• Good communication and organisational skills.
• Operational awareness and fault finding ability, knowledge and rectification experience is not expected but would advantageous. .
• Ability to use initiative in day to day duties.
• To be adaptable and prepared to work outside their core trade.
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
BAM operates a flexible working policy