New Zealand Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist
We are visiting London, Manchester and Birmingham in September to meet you…
Due to increased demand and a large varied workload from our clients in New Zealand we are looking for Principal Geotechnical Engineers and Engineering Geologists to join our team.
New Zealand is made up of some of the world’s most spectacular landscapes, from vast mountain ranges, steaming volcanoes to sweeping coastlines. It is a natural playground for thrill seekers and adventurers and the NZ community is very safe, welcoming and friendly. It is a great place to raise children and the lifestyle is second to none.
- The opportunity to be involved in a growing consultancy
- The opportunity to mentor and grow the team
- A flexible working environment with a strong focus on work/life balance
- Rewarding work on diverse and challenging projects with career development
- The opportunity to work across projects nationally and internationally
CMW Geosciences is a specialist Geotechnical Consultancy with 7 offices across New Zealand and Australia, focusing on the Construction, Infrastructure and Land Development sectors. We are a mid-sized, privately owned, 130+ strong consultancy delivering excellent geotechnical services without the drudgery and red tape that comes with working for larger organisations.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Work with the technical team to develop, provide and promote geotechnical solutions, options and initiatives to meet client needs
- Lead and develop a team of Geotechnical Engineers and Geologists
- Develop relationships with clients and sub-consultants and provide value-added advice and service to ensure client satisfaction
- Undertake technical and non-technical tasks and take responsibility for the accuracy and quality of our work
- Assuming responsibility for planning and managing resources and budget for site investigation, ground modelling, and/or geotechnical design projects of all types
Ideal candidates will have strong and varied experience and be ready for a role where they can contribute to the technical strength of the business. Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- At least 15 years relevant experience
- Recognised degree in geotechnical engineering/engineering geology
- CEng Registration
- A relevant post graduate qualification would be highly regarded.
- Self-motivated with a focus on results.
- Able to work closely with and mentor a team by delivering and providing advice and technical support.
If the opportunities we offer at CMW are consistent with your career and lifestyle aspirations apply online now. All enquiries should be directed through Chris Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org (no agents please).
CMW have two Senior Principal Engineers visiting the UK in September and we are wanting to meet the right candidates who would fit our business culture.
To be negotiated