Building the present, creating the future
BAM FM is recruiting a Resident Support Worker to join the team, based on a contract in Tidworth. You will be required to work 30 hours per week Monday- Friday on a shift pattern. You may be expected to work weekends when required.
• Provision of a high level of support for all residents
• Liaison with Military personnel and to feedback any concerns relating to welfare, domestic and training support required for residents
• To take part in a rota that includes sleep-in duties, prepared to be woken and respond to a crises; act as the first point of contact for residents seeking practical help or advice out of hours
• To liaise effectively with internal and external agencies in a crisis e.g. Military Duty Officer, Recovery Centre Manager, and the Emergency Services
• Initiate urgent referrals of residents to the appropriate civilian or military agency including emergency services
• Respond to and manage the first response to any phone or alarm calls relating to the residents
• Maintain a comfortable and positive atmosphere for all residents
• Listen, talk and generally engage with the residents to offer an independent ear when needed
• To provide care and support to the highest standard
• To help to transform attitudes and behaviours which are dysfunctional or anti-social
• To ensure a healing experience and provide a platform for recovery
• Suggest and assist with activities that contribute to the 24 hours period
• To liaise with other members of the welfare team and to have contact with resident's family, friends and other professionals involved in their recovery
• Provide appropriate handover information at the end of each period of work
• Maintain electronic databases and paper systems in accordance with procedures to ensure accuracy of information and efficiency
• To attend, and contribute to reports for meetings, reviews and case conferences as required
• To take part in staff development and training programmes as required
• Compliance with the Health & Safety policy and procedures
• Build successful internal working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• First time resolution of enquiries and complaints whenever possible
Who are we looking for?
• First Aid qualified
• Subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service
• Full driving licence
• Understanding of the Disability Discrimination Act
• Knowledge and understanding of the medical/social impact of physical trauma, long term illness and the associated psychological impact of both
• Understanding of Mental Health disorders
• Knowledge of Person Centred approach and working towards outcomes
• Proven assessment and observation skills
• Knowledge of human behaviour, relationships and team dynamics
• Good understanding of data protection, confidentiality
• Knowledge of prescription drugs, contraindications, effects and potential addiction
• Anger management and diversionary skills
• Manage challenging situations in a calm and appropriate manner
• Flexible re hours of work - available to work weekends and nights
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Excellent verbal communication at all levels
• Excellent written communications
• Numeracy skills
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
All staff employed by BAM FM Ltd may be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service Clearance.