Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM Construct UK is recruiting an Office Administrator/Receptionist. This role will cover our BAM Construct and BAM Nuttall business, based in Moorgate, London. This position is 25 hour per week and the hours are 12pm - 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
• Provide high quality customer service in all communications with internal and external clients.
• Resolve internal and external customer enquiries, referring those that you are unable to resolve to the correct recipient.
• Maintain accurate paper and computer-based records.
• Produce correspondence, documents and presentations to specification using a variety of media.
• Maintain established paper and computer-based filing systems.
• Conduct financial duties, for example, processing invoices or tracking costs.
• Order and maintain stationary, kitchen and equipment supplies.
• Process post and book couriers
• Order and deliver drinks and lunches in accordance with pre booked requirements.
• Manage busy meeting room schedule, and hot desk requirements and lockers?
• Timely preparation of meeting rooms to ensure they are tidy and set up ready for meetings.
• Clear up meeting rooms after use in a timely manner, ready for the next meeting.
• Ensure Company and legislative health and hygiene standards and requirements are complied with at all times in providing food and drink.
• Work in accordance with established processes
• Deal with office maintenance issues in a timely and efficient manner, e.g call in maintenance providers as and when provided.
• Ensure the inspection of office equipment and services is carried out at intervals to accord with legislative/manufacturers recommendations and requirements
• Sign for all deliveries, and either distribute as appropriate or inform the relevant individual or department of the delivery.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required for time to time
Specific for Receptionist(s):
• Arrange visitor passes with Citypoint security
• Arrange permanent passes for new starts and activate
• Answer main switchboard, redirecting, taking messages and fielding calls
• Ensure visitors sign in and out in order to maintain an accurate record at all times of visitors in the building.
• Greet and direct visitors in a friendly and professional manner.
• Ensure the relevant person is informed, in a timely manner, of their visitor's arrival.
• Report to and feedback to Office Manager
• Supervise the implementation of new office systems.
• Supervise the health, safety and environment of the office in line with risk assessments.
• Provide holiday cover (for another receptionist)
Who are we looking for?
• Successful experience of working in a general administration support role and/or in a customer services environment.
• Demonstrable knowledge of operating office equipment and IT, e.g. telephone, computer with standard software, copier, printers etc., to access, input and verify information.
• Hold a Basic Food Hygiene qualification or equivalent [optional - only applies if handling food or drink].
• Strong organisational / administrative skills
• Customer focused: friendly, personable
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.'
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.