Building the present, creating the future
Who are we?
We are BAM Nuttall, part of the Royal BAM Group of civil engineers. Our group is one of Europe's largest contractors, employing 20,000 people globally, with an annual turnover of £7 billion. Our rail division is a growing, dynamic business, working with integrated teams to deliver high-quality work across the UK. We price civil engineering and building works, built in a rail environment, with values ranging between 500k to £150m, competitively tendered, and within frameworks.
Following the exciting award of the CP6 Southern Multi Discipline Framework from Network Rail, we are currently looking for Planning Engineers to join our rapidly increasing pre-construction team.
What do we believe?
Our aim has always been to leave a place better than when we arrived. As well as being a well-run profitable business, we're dedicated to making a positive impact for future generations. And that's increasingly important in the world we live in today.
We do this through advancements in digital construction, safety and wellbeing and sustainable infrastructure. We're committed to:
- Leading the industry in digital construction and innovation, including BIM (Building Information Modelling).
- Enhancing the lives of people who live and work in communities with sustainable infrastructure that helps economies grow.
- Investing in our employees by creating safe places for them to work and supporting their development.
- Focusing on environmentally friendly solutions with the goal of having a net positive impact on society by 2020.
Where are we located?
Our new open-plan office is located in Sundridge, Sevenoaks, Kent.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Experience of working on rail and civil engineering projects.
- Preferably will have an engineering qualification or membership.
- Substantial experience of P6 including cost / resource loading and earned value.
- A good understanding of commercial and contractual matters.
- A good understanding of Network Rail and possession working / QSRA process.
- An appreciation of BIM / digital construction tools and workflows.
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques with a sound knowledge of typical production rates.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to work to defined, often challenging, timescales.
- Understanding of digital construction and use of Synchro preferable.
- Use of Microsoft Office.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.