Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Premises Manager to be based at South Bromsgrove High School, Bromsgrove.
Basic Hours of work: 37.5 hrs working a rotational shift pattern to cover site operational hours from 7.00 am - 10.00 pm Monday - Friday. Week 1: 7.00 am - 3.00 pm, Week 2: 8.00 am - 4.00 pm and Week 3: 2.00 pm - 10.00 pm.
• Responsible for on-site Health & Safety compliance including: - Fire prevention/detection systems, Safeguarding, Security systems & Water hygiene routine tests.
• Undertake periodic safety inspections and participate in audits where required.
• Carry out annual general condition surveys [training provided] and record findings.
• Day to day management of onsite PFI services.
• General maintenance, painting, and minor DIY type repairs
• Winter maintenance including rock salt spreading and snow clearance on pathways.
• Provide support to soft services teams [Cleaning and Catering].
• Manage & supervise two caretakers.
• Preparation of halls, classrooms etc for school activities & functions e.g. lunch service & exams
• Litter picking and waste removal [internal/external bins]
• Receive and distribute delivered school goods
• Manage & supervise Sub-contractors.
• Take monthly utilities meter readings
• Supervise after school events on site including: Additional school hours, community events and third-party bookings.
• Be the main point of contact on site for: BAM FM Helpdesk, Senior Management & the Client
• Chair weekly formal operational services meeting with the school's representative.
Who are we looking for?
• Ability to relate well to school staff, pupils, and work colleagues [Personable and Approachable]
• Good communication skills [Good command of the English language both written and verbally]
• Experience of flexible working, ability to work overtime when required for business needs.
• Handyperson experience preferable [DIY]
• Caretaking/Porterage experience in a school or similar environment
• Willingness to develop knowledge of use of ICT and other specialist equipment/resources
• Working knowledge of relevant codes of practice/legislation [Health & Safety]
• Ability to self-evaluate learning needs, willingness to participate in development and training opportunities.
• Full driving licence
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.