At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Premises Officer to join the FM team in Crawley. You will be an integral part of a small team working within an educational environment.
You will be required to work shifts (37.5 hrs per week with half hour unpaid lunch) including weekend work (4 hours every third Saturday) on a rota'd basis.
About the role
The delivery performance of the service provided to the client is of paramount importance in this function, as are loyalty and trustworthiness
- You will assist in ensuring that the whole school environment and support services are maintained at an acceptable standard for the full range of school activities. Any deterioration in service provision must in the first instance be reported to the Site Coordinator.
- You will be become part of a small team of staff, and participate in the duties of that team, that will include a variety of tasks to ensure that the school runs smoothly.
- You will become suitably proficient in order to undertake statutory inspections.
- Required to assist where necessary in maintenance work carried out at the school and to liaise with contractors as necessary.
- Will assist in the provision of adequate and effective security of the school and its property, during lock-up / unlock.
Aspects of your job role will include the following:
- Building maintenance and management
- Health & Safety
- School activity programmes
- Grounds and Grounds maintenance
Please note, these are not exclusive and other duties appropriate to the post may be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the school as directed by the site management team.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience of handyperson, caretaking, cleaning, site-keeping in a school, college or similar environment
- You will have experience of working within a similar role.
- Awareness of Health & Safety
- Ability to use own initiative, be an energetic team player, good communication skills, good timekeeper, reliable and trustworthy, have a hands on approach and be adaptable and flexible to working hours.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate. By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.