Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Rendel is a growing specialist civil and structural engineering consultancy, with a strong tradition of bringing our expertise to prestigious and technically-challenging projects around the world.
Our team is currently working on the design of major infrastructure schemes including the HS2 C1 Chiltern Tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct, Hinkley Power Station, Eurotunnel UK Terminal and Al Zour Refinery in Kuwait.
We want to hear from you if you would like to join a diverse, friendly and resourceful team and work on interesting and challenging design projects in the UK and internationally.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Geotechnical team in London or Birmingham, working on a major UK infrastructure scheme. You will be responsible for the delivery of geotechnical foundation design of major bridge structures and you will be expected to:
- Undertake detailed geotechnical design and analysis, in particular related to deep piled foundations for bridge and building structures inclusive of seismic / dynamic analysis and pile group analysis
- Ensure consistency and excellence in delivery of our technical work product
- Support and manage the development, design and construction process
- Review technical submissions from designers
- Contribute to identifying and managing technical risk for geotechnical works
- Coordinate design as part of an internal team and liaise with external associated professionals and our clients
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer (ICE), with the following experience and knowledge:
- A post graduate qualification in a geotechnically related subject (preferably foundation related)
- Detailed geotechnical design experience of large diameter deep piled foundations (driven, bored and CFA) to Eurocode, API, AASHTO, LRFD, NGI and ICP methods / standards, seismic / dynamic analysis of deep piled foundations and pile groups, deep excavations, basements, retaining structures, earthworks, soil and rock slope engineering, ground improvement, seismicity and liquefaction and instrumentation and monitoring
- Strong knowledge of geotechnical processes and design, with a particular emphasis on data interpretation, design & analysis, construction and advanced numerical modelling
- Ground investigation experience including design, preparation of tender documents, supervision, interpretation
- Project management and coordination
We want to hear from you if you would like to join a diverse, friendly and resourceful team and work on interesting and challenging design projects in the UK and internationally. We are based in a vibrant quarter of central London.
Full details of this role can be found on our website
Competitive Salary & Benefits