Building the present, creating the future
At BAM Nuttall we actively create and sustain world class safety culture across our workforce and on our projects.
Working out of the Leeds area across our Northern England projects we are seeking a behavioural and culture change professional who can help engage with our workforce to bring to life our safety culture. The aim is to create and sustain a world class safety culture across the workforce on our projects. Develop trusting relationships with the workforce by regular direct contact in safe environments where safety concerns can be freely raised and acted upon. Keep safety issues and hazard awareness fresh through initiatives that promote the individual's ownership, accountability and obligation to share safe working practices without exception. Promote tolerance, diversity, equality, wellbeing and positive mental health behaviours.Work in collaboration with project leads to provide a full behavioural and culture change focus, which will create a clear safety behaviour and culture in the workforce.
Your key activities will include:
- Creating open and inclusive safety culture through workforce engagement.
- Ensure that projects meet company standards for wellbeing and mental health.
- Carry out site visits to site to engage with workforce focusing on behavioural safety.
- Ensure that behavioural safety findings are highlighted and trend analysis is used to help.
- Communicate and promote the Mental Health and Wellbeing ethos including VOICE meetings and concepts to all.
- Deliver training as agreed with the senior BSA team leader.
- Identify 'positive safe working' and 'at risk behaviours' and highlighting through direct/non-direct communication to site management, carry out random rewards as required to influence change.
- Liaise with site management teams on proactive safety improvements.
- Set a personal example of positive working behaviours, educating and mentoring the workforce.
- Embed 'Your Safety is My Safety' within division.
- Encourage safety observation system, take a BAM minute and safety conversations.
- Actively enable project teams to manage training and development.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- ILM Level 3 desirable.
- IOSH Behavioural Safety Leadership.
- SMSTS or working towards.
- Graduate membership of IOSH or working towards.
- Site experience must be evidenced over at least 3 years.
- Able to facilitate behavioural and culture change workshops.
- Experienced in change management and faciliation
- Demonstrated experience of engaging with workforce at all levels.
- Analyse data and trends.
- Competent in report writing.
- Computer competent.
- Positive team ethic with a one team approach.
- Able to discuss behaviours on health and safety issues.
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes matched pension contributions, private healthcare, car allowance, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day. Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.