Building the present, creating the future
We are looking for a Buyer with construction experience who can strengthen our team working on projects in and around Leeds. Required to procure materials and subcontracts to meet the commercial requirements of the contracts in compliance with the site programme and BAM Nuttall Procedures.
• Set personal example and promote best practice in safety, quality and environment.
• Manage and support your team to ensure all business and departmental deadlines and targets are met.
• Maintain good working relationship with site personnel, estimators and HSQE department.
• Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies
• Lead the Procurement Strategy process including development of the Procurement Plan o ensure procurement is carried out on time to reach highest quality at best value
• Prepare and issue medium value, medium risk material and subcontract enquiries.
• Check quotations are compliant with specification and commercial requirements.
• Liaise with the Procurement and Supply Chain function on vendor selection.
• Negotiate terms of orders.
• Prepare and issue orders in a timely manner.
• Carry out vendor appraisal as required.
• Ensure the use of BAM Link Vendors at all times.
• Maintain an honest relationship with the supply chain.
• Work in accordance and remain up to date with current established procedures and processes and provide feedback on their effectiveness.
Who are we looking for?
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience:
• Successful procurement experience as an assistant buyer within the Construction industry.
• Demonstrable working knowledge of civil engineering, construction materials and sources.
• Knowledge of Construction commercial law.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of operating IT systems, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance. Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development. BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.