Project Commercial Manager - West Midlands
Due to expansion within our Infrastructure Business, this key position is required to support the delivery of a major roadworks project at the M54 / M6 motorway junction. The purpose of the scheme is relieve traffic congestion between M54 adn M6 Northbound by re-profiling and upgrading Junction 11, and by constructing two new bridges and a new section of dual carriageway.
Your role as Project Commercial Manager will ensure Business Process and Governance is effectively implemented and business targets are achieved whilst always ensuring the customer's high levels of expectation around performance, both commercially and operationally, are delivered upon.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Growth and development of the Commercial team commensurate with workload.
• Liaison with clients to collaboratively support management and delivery of their work banks and projects.
• Implement and monitor effective systems and processes to ensure high levels of control of cost and value management.
• Drive and encourage continual improvement and lean thinking, maximising opportunities for required efficiencies.
• Support and ensure effective administration of the Contract by the Project teams responsible for delivery.
Who are we looking for?
• Comprehensive experience operating successfully in the Civil Engineering Contracting sector.
• Demonstrate a successful track record of managing a large commercial team, responsible for major projects and or a portfolio of projects.
• Have operated at Commercial Manager level or above for a period no less than 5 years.
• Demonstrate excellent collaborative behaviours and understand how to effectively manage / motivate project teams.
• Affiliated to a Professional Institution such as the RICS, ICES, ICE or similar (preferred but not essential)
• Educated to Degree level in a relevant Commercial, Construction or Project Management qualification (preferred but not essential).
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes car / car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; mentoring and people networks; fair opportunities. We are committed to practises that support the recruitment and retention of disabled workers.