The Director of Project Controls will provide technical and resource support to project managers within the Transportation Sector on all matters relative to project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and quality review. The Director of Project Controls will report to the Vice President – Transportation, and will support oversight on projects from the start through to completion, ensuring that work is completed on time and within its budget. The Director of Project Controls should establish operating policies to mitigate risk, and provides guidance and consultation for project managers, be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures, and rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The Director of Project Controls is responsible for:
- Reporting to the Vice President – Transportation, providing oversight on the progress on all projects and proposals in the Transportation sector, covering roads, bridges & tunnels, rail, airports and ports.
- Monitoring progress on all projects and proposals using the appropriate scheduling tool such as Primavera, and preparing weekly report tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPI), such as progress, budget and staffing needs.
- Support Project Managers within the Transportation sector with tools, staff and guidance in establishing a schedule, costing, and tracking thereof in the various stages of the project.
- Managing the Project Control resources of the project teams.
- Reviewing and checking the Project Execution Plan developed by the Project Managers with regard to schedule and cost.
- Developing and implementing strategy, policies, standards and procedures for the Transportation Sectors project status dashboards and KPI’s.
- Creating a dashboard for reporting to the Vice President – Transportation on project/proposal progress with KPI’s.
- Reviewing important changes, and preparing trends. Formal checker for the Project Manager.
- Working with the Risk Manager on cost and schedule risks.
- Supporting the project management teams with progress reporting including schedule updates, dashboards, forecast to complete, variance identification and opportunities for improvement.
- Providing support and guidelines for project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools.
- Advising and consulting on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
- Supporting programme integration, governance, formats, plan optimisation, and project controls best practices.
- Supporting and advising on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects.
- Supporting the development of an integrated master schedules for specific programmes with the appropriate tool that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple contractors’ schedules and feed changes to the integrated master schedule.
- Support monitoring and control programme compliance in respect of the projects contractual obligations.
- Ensuring that project controls processes are consistently applied across the projects.
- Managing governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work.
- Working closely with the Project Managers, Project Controls teams and Quality Manager to maximise the potential of the project.
- Setting up tools and training.
- Offering employee trainings and development.
- Communicating with other managers, supervisors, and colleagues throughout project.
AED 50k per month