Project Environment Manager - London
Building the present, creating the future
Required to join the project delivery teams on one of our major infrastructure projects in London. The purpose of the role will be to drive environmental excellence by championing the application of company environment management systems and best practice and to support the Project Manager and take ownership by leading the development, application and improvement of the project EMS including the management of Environment Advisors.
Your key activities will include:
- High level monitoring and maintenance of the Project EMS and continual improvement based on relevant environment standards, regulatory and BAM Nuttall requirements.
- Input into Project Execution Plan and ensure it meets the relevant standards.
- Verifying the conformance of project systems and management plans with environmental standards, regulatory and BAM Nuttall requirements.
- Ensuring the project team are aware of and comply with all relevant environmental legislation by maintaining a legal compliance matrix.
- Providing technical advice and guidance to managers on EMS requirements.
- Promoting awareness of the EMS and customer requirements to the project team.
- Regular monitoring and reviewing of the EMS through audit and inspection and ensuring environment continual improvement across the project.
- Attending project progress meetings and reporting on feedback / lessons learned.
- Attending and providing input and guidance at project/divisional review meetings as appropriate.
- Supervising, coordinating and monitoring activities of Environment Advisors.
- Providing technical advice, guidance and coaching to Environment Advisors.
- Analysing environmental performance statistics, including inspection and audit, and monitoring trends relating to EMS compliance.
- Leading the investigation of environmental incidents and advising on appropriate actions.
- Providing support as and when required to project based audit.
- Providing guidance to managers in evaluation of project vendors.
- Maintaining a programme of internal (compliance) and external (vendor) environment audits.
- Developing and delivering local training activities as required.
- Undertaking regular site environmental inspections and audit.
- Developing relationships with local stakeholders, environmental regulators and supply chain specialists.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Proven experience and expertise in developing and delivering environment management systems (EMS) that demonstrate continual improvement in line with ISO 14001 requirements.
- Be fully aware of environmental regulation / legislation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the civil engineering industry.
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring.
- Degree level qualification in Environmental Management or equivalent technical qualification.
- Qualified to Chartered Environmentalist (Full IEMA) status or equivalent.
- Articulate and engaging communication skills.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.