Project Manager - Renewals Lead (CP6 York)
We are currently working on a multi-year multi-disciplinary Framework with Network Rail. The Framework is based and administered form our offices in York. The Framework will run until March 2024.
We require a PM who can lead the Framework team, accountable for delivering a successful, client focussed engagement across the renewals work bank.
Renewals, covers all work related to replacing existing Network Rail assets (eg. Bridges; building) on a like-for-like basis.
• Be the single point of contact between BAM and the client Programme Managers. Engaging with them on an ongoing basis and ensuring that their drivers and requirements are fully understood and delivered upon.
• The Leadership, management and oversight of all areas of the renewals element of the Framework. Ensuring the BAM management system is applied consistently across all of the works elements.
• Communicating effectively and professionally with everyone associated with the Framework and the wider client.
• Providing operational, strategic and contractual direction for the whole framework team.
• Taking ownership of delivering on all commitments as per the agreed portfolio programme and according to the client's requirements i.t.o Value for Money; Lowest Cost solutions and in accordance with the agreed spend-profile within each year.
• Setting a personal example in health safety and environmental matters through strong, visible leadership (including safety tours). Acting as a champion for all company and sub-contractor employees. Actively supporting HSQE initiatives, both on the project and across business.
• Driving quality delivery through effective planning and right first time delivery.
• Taking a personal interest in mentoring and developing key team members to allow them to progress within the eastern region.
• Adopting, maintaining and promoting cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
• Maintaining a good working relationship with the client and his/her project management and supervisory team as well as the other Framework contractors in the eastern region.
• Establishing, maintaining and monitoring an effective, programme based cost management system, to facilitate financial control with reliable CVR and QF preparation and reporting.
• Ensuring realistic programmes are prepared, managed, monitored, reviewed, and updated according to the requirements of the Framework and contract.
• Ensuring processes are in place for the preparation, review and briefing of method statements, activity plans and risk assessments and measures implemented to ensure they are reviewed and updated accordingly.
• Ensuring systems are in place for the successful commercial and financial management of the project.
• Ensuring all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
• Using appropriate and effective communication methods such as regular, recorded internal progress meetings to communicate with the whole Framework team.
• Keeping line management appraised of potential risks and opportunities associated with the project and the potential for future work opportunities.
• Maintaining close working relationship with other regional businesses to ensure that staff resource levels are maintained at sustainable levels by transferring/redeploying individuals according to the work bank needs.
Who are we looking for?
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience
• Degree, HND in Engineering or equivalent
• Experience working as PM or Senior Agent with Civil Engineering contracting. Experience in the rail environment would be beneficial.
• Must be able to demonstrate leadership and management capabilities commensurate with such a role.
• Detailed working knowledge of the civils construction environment and forms of contract used.
• Experience of working in project development and delivery (Design & Build).
What's in it for you?
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including car/allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Who are we?
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.