Building the present, creating the future
We are one of the UK's leading civil engineering contractors employing over 3000 staff nationwide. Due to our increased workload we are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to join our projects in Scotland. You will lead project teams to deliver safe and quality projects, and assist with Bid Management.
We have offices in Kilsyth and Inverness, and the projects we are currently working on are located throughout the whole of Scotland with several in the Scottish Highlands and Scottish Isles, as well as the Central Belt and around. As a result we require someone who is flexible with location and able to travel within the whole of Scotland.
Your key activities will include:
- Provide leadership, management and oversight of all areas of the project.
- Communicate effectively with everyone associated with the project and the wider community.
- Set a personal example in health safety and environmental matters through strong, visible leadership.
- Drive quality delivery through effective planning and right first time delivery.
- Mentor and develop key staff to their next level.
- Promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
- Promote repeat business by demonstrating high levels of commitment to client and stakeholder requirements.
- Maintain an effective, programme based cost management system..
- Ensure realistic programmes are prepared, managed, monitored and reviewed.
- Ensure processes are in place for the preparation, review and briefing of method statements, activity plans and risk assessments.
- Ensure systems are in place for the successful commercial and financial management of the project.
- Ensure all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
- Keep line management appraised of potential risks and opportunities associated with the project and the potential for future work opportunities.
- Maintaining close working relationship with company departments to maximise support for the project and for opportunities to share knowledge.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Degree, HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- CSCS Level - Academically or Professionally Qualified Person/Manager.
- Successful experience within a civil engineering contracting environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and management capabilities.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.