Project Manager / Senior Project Manager - Rail
Representing approximately 16% of our global business, the railway sector is one of our core markets, a position it has held throughout our 150-year history. We pride ourselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructure design and construction schemes.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager / Senior Project Manager to join our Rail team in York to manage the delivery of several key Projects to time, quality, budgetary and health and safety targets.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the role comprises the management of all aspects of delivery of an individual or portfolio of projects in order to meet client expectations. The successful candidate will lead the delivery of projects in compliance with best practice and rail industry requirements while also providing technical advice and guidance to the design teams. The role will also provide opportunities to provide support for the continued improvement in contractual and commercial awareness of the business.
The role will be based in York, however ability to travel throughout the UK is required.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Providing sound and effective leadership to the team, providing direction and technical advice, leading by example to achieve company goals and championing a quality culture
• Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, the project strategy, brief and client requirements
• Developing and managing the Project Programme and obtaining the buy-in of all stakeholders
• Ensuring that effective financial and project management controls are in place and deployed to enable monitoring, modification and forecasting as appropriate
• Continually looking to enhance productivity through improved processes, procedures and systems
• Maintaining an overview of the commercial aspects of the project (contract, invoicing, debt, client management)
• Communicating effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that all parties are kept informed on all relevant matters impacting and influencing projects
• Managing the acquisition, deployment and management of resources for the project to ensure optimal resource allocation for the project
• Directing the assessment, selection and management of suppliers, sub-consultants and contractors associated with projects
• Driving project performance, service delivery and technical and commercial outcomes and undertaking reviews, ensuring client delivery is above expectation
• Ensuring that completed engineering and documentation work is reviewed for technical, Arcadis and client compliance
• Ensuring risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
• Working to ensure maximum client satisfaction, championing client care and proactively working with the client
• Reviewing the performance of team members and developing them to their full potential
• Extensive experience in a project environment with substantial project management experience
• Sound commercial background, including familiarity with contractual conditions and procedures and ability to take commercial responsibility for a project
• UK Rail experience
• Experience in leading design in a consultant organisation and working in a tendered design services environment.
• Excellent client management skills
• Experienced in leading, and working with, people from varied backgrounds and cultures
• Excellent IT literacy, in particular Microsoft products, Primavera and Oracle applications.
• Experience of working in and leading multidisciplinary design teams.
• D&B experience
• Membership of a Professional body with appropriate professional qualifications desirable (MAPM, MICE etc)
• Strong commercial and communication skills.
• Postgraduate qualifications in business, finance or project management related areas an advantage
What Do We Offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
Please note that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.