Project Planner - Manchester.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Project Planning Engineer who can strengthen our rail delivery services, assisting projects across the North West region but initially on the TransPennine route upgrade with support for bids and projects for the business long term.
We seek someone who combines a passion for developing innovative methods for tender and construction planning with a disciplined and responsible approach to safety, project controls and contract administration during project delivery.
While based in Manchester, some travel, including occasional overnight stays, may be required in order to support our project teams.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Experience in civil engineering projects with preferably rail experience and a qualification.
- Substantial experience of P6 including cost / resource loading and earned value.
- A good understanding of commercial and contractual matters.
- An appreciation of BIM / digital construction tools and workflows.
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques.
- A sound knowledge of typical production rates.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- Understanding of digital construction and use of Synchro preferable.
- Use of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work to defined, often challenging, timescales.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.