Building the present, creating the future
We have an exciting role to join our team in Leeds or Manchester working on the Transpennine Route Upgrade West Programme as Project Procurement Manager. This is a key leadership role to support the Commercial Director for a key £1BN section of the scheme between Huddersfield and Dewsbury as well a supporting other parts of the wider TRU scheme. In addition, acting as the key conduit between the Project and BAM supply chain function.
Your key activities will include:
- Establish and Manage the Project Procurement Strategy process and procurement team, through cost planning stages into implementation.
- Ensure that high value, high risk, high value material and subcontract enquiries are prepared and issued to time and a high standard aligning with teh Alliance processes.
- Carry out the review, approval and approvals of material and sub-contract orders to defined level of authority.
- Check quotations are compliant with specification and commercial requirements.
- Liaise with Alliance team members on vendor selection.
- Ensure orders are completed comprehensively and in a timely manner.
- Carry out vendor appraisal and attend appraisal meetings as required.
- Support bid managers, estimators and accounts teams where required.
- Maintain key relationships with the supply chain.
- Acting a the conduit between the Project and BAM Supply Chain Function.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Successful previous experience as a procurement lead, senior project buyer or Senior Quantity Surveyor in the construction sector is essential.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrable supervisory / people management experience.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence key individuals.
- Strong collaborative behaviours, and the ability to constructively challenge. Experiece of working a collaborative environment would be desirable.
- Ability to analyse data and identify trends, and risk areas.
- Strategic thinker.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent desirable.
- Railway experience, and experience of working on a large Alliance desirable.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including company car / allowance; pension; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.