Project Quantity Surveyor - Leeds.
BAM Nuttall are part of a Joint Venture with Mott MacDonald recently awarded the 2nd Phase of Leeds Flood Alleviation Scheme, after successful completion of Phase 1. The scheme consists of a number of separate interventions to provide permanent flood defence solutions along a 7.5km stretch of the River Aire in Leeds.
The Contract is ECC Option C, which commenced in June 2019 and is due to complete in October 2022.
Your key activities will include:
• Management of site based commercial team - including mentoring / identifying training needs.
• Liaison with operational Project Manager.
• Financial reporting to divisional management - monthly cost value reconciliations, cashflow monitoring and quarterly forecasts.
• Monthly update of forecast cost / value and identification / implementation of margin improvement strategy.
• Liaison with employer's project management team.
• Ensure compliance with contractual protocols including identification and management of change.
• Overseeing commercial management of sub-contracts.
This is a site office based role, and the site offices will be located near Kirkstall Road (A65) in Armley, Leeds.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Proven experience of major civil engineering scheme valued at £20m+.
- Proven commercial team management experience.
- Proven experience of ECC Option C scheme.
- Formal relevant qualification - Degree, HNC/D.
- Good client facing collaborative attitude.
- Supportive team leader.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
What do we offer?
Benefits package includes company car / allowance, 26 days annual leave and 2 wellbeing days, generous pension scheme and private healthcare.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.