Building the present, creating the future
We are currently seeking a Project Skills Coordinator to work with our Rail team, currently based at Sundridge (near Sevenoaks), Kent and Network Rail Offices in Southwark, London. The role is open to flexible location and working times but there will be requirements at times to be with the teams at either location.
Our Rail South team has recently been successful on the CP6 (Control Period 6 2019-2024) SMD (Southern Multi-Discipline) Framework with Network Rail covering the South East route (predominately Kent and Sussex rail routes into London). This Framework is 5 years with the potential 3 year extension. Team size is approximately 180 personnel; this is likely to grow over the next few years.
The CP6 SMD team ethos is 'thinking differently to deliver better' we would like someone who is open to change and improvements in our team, happy to challenge and initiate changes within remit. The role and responsibilities may flex and grow depending on team workload and successful candidate's experience and working pattern.
Key tasks and responsibilities
a. BAM Rail South Team
- Managing apprentices in rail south (technical, craft, others) - monitoring who they are, where they are based, pastoral care check in, etc.
- Managing Graduates - professional development monitoring, DE / SE allocation, Design secondment swaps.
- Measuring statistics of our team.
- Professional development - fellows, members,(ICE,ICS,IOM).
- Managing work placements - week / summer / year - organise, monitoring, obtaining feedback.
- Managing team competency matrix - all staff (including site competencies) CSCS, CPCS, etc.
- Communication with the Rail training department to monitor Rail competency training - SWM, SWL, PTS, CRE, CEM, etc.
- Support YSIMS trainers to coordinate YSIMS training across unit.
- Communicate with main training departments to monitor central training - inductions, MHS update, Environmental update, Ops and ganger training, etc.
- Coordination of PDRs each year and training outcomes.
- First aid, mental health awareness and mental health first aider training organising.
- Organising local training requirements specific to project/team requirements - e.g. PD training, CRE training, etc.
- Monitoring and driving of quality lunch and learns.
- Support the National Skills Academy for Construction in the pursuit of best practice sharing across the network.
b. Supply Chain and Network Rail
- Measure and monitor statistics from the supply chain & whole SMD team.
- Apprentice / Graduate / work experience / secondment swaps coordination.
- Identify and develop new and existing relationships with external stakeholders, supply chain and project teams.
c. Enhancing Lives
- Responsible for collating enhancing lives data for team.
- Integration with BAM ambassadors.
- Bridges for schools coordination (with existing team).
- Looking at schools outreach - in conjunction with projects and framework overall.
- Investigating other options for outreach and social value opportunities.
- Manage and maintain relationships with existing social value partners - Spa Valley Railway, Barnardos, Women in Construction, Recycling Lives.
- Consult with PR department and companies to deliver case studies and articles for distribution internally and externally.
Your skills and experience should include:
- Excellent communication skills and confident to speak to all team members (internal, supply chain and Network Rail members).Keen to drive improvements.
- Ability to work in a large team.
- Uses initiative to develop and drive role forward.
- Excellent organisational and influencing skills.
- Information and organisational management skills.
- Supervisory and/or coaching experience.
- Proven ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent administration skills, record keeping via use of excel, word and outlook.
- Flexibility of use of other technology / systems to manage information going forward to improve efficiencies.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.