Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construction are recruiting a Project Surveyor to join the North East region, based in Leeds.
You will assist with all aspects of the commercial management on specific projects.
• The procurement and commercial management of subcontract packages including :
- Ensuring supply chain competency with Business and Project requirements prior to issue of any tender enquiry
- Agreement of specific Work Package scope of works and the preparation of all relevant documentation for formal subcontract enquiries
- Reparing, where required, Bills of Quants for subcontractor packages
- Procurement negotiations including agreement of S/C terms and conditions
- Analysis / reconciliation of returned tenders and the preparation of the final subcontract recommendation
- Producing and issuing out robust and relevant subcontract order documentation
- Commercial responsibility throughout on all matters relating to subcontract work packages
• Involvement in the development of design and procurement strategies to maximise opportunities in improving project delivery
• Involvement in identifying key project risks and agreement of mitigation strategy's.
• Assisting with the production of Monthly and Quarterly Cost Reports including assessing cost and value to date and projecting future cost and value
• Ensuring compliance with Business requirements and Best Practice procedures
• Assisting in the production of monthly valuations and agreement with client representatives
• Assisting in the measurement, valuation and negotiation of Client Variations
• Assisting in the preparation and negotiation of Project Final Accounts
• Maintaining professional relationships at all times with Client's, Consultants and our Supply Chain partners
Who are we looking for?
• Previous experience in the Commercial, Education and Healthcare sectors.
• Be qualified at degree level, or working towards MRICS or equivalent professional level
• Previous experience working within a similar role
• Be a positive and proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues, our supply chain partners and the client team
• Share the same general values and ethos as the Business and promote these at all times
• Negotiation skills
• Have a keen eye for detail.
• Have the confidence and ability to participate and work within a team environment
• Have good communication skills and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
• Be confident and experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and computer aided measurement tools
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.