Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construct UK is recruiting a Project Surveyor level to join our Western region of the construction business. We are looking for Surveyors to be based around Devon and Cornwall areas with a view to supporting a wide range of construction projects.. These projects value between £5 - 100 million.
• Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
• Undertake cost analysis
• Assist in establishing client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
• Perform risk, value management and cost control
• Advise on a procurement strategy
• Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
• Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
• Allocate work to subcontractors
• Provide advice on contractual claims
• Analyse outcomes and write detailed financial reports
• Value completed work and arrange payments
• Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
• Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
• Value recovery and cost control
• Assisting in the production of Final Accounts
Who are we looking for?
• Qualified at degree level or working towards MRICS or equivalent professional level
• Demonstrable and proven track record working for a large main contractor in the construction industry
• Experience in working within a team
• A positive, proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues and the client team
• An expert negotiator with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident and experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word
• Experience of working with BIM and computer aided measurement tools
• In depth experience of:
- Preparing Valuations, variations and final accounts
- Managing Sub-contract accounts & procurement
- Cost monitoring
- Producing, managing and forecasting Material procurement on site.
- Working within Company Best Practice Procedures
- Measuring and valuing works
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.'
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.