Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM Construction is recruiting a Project Surveyor to be based within the London region of our construction business. The role will be based on site on one of our new projects value circa. £20 - £90M. A proven track record in commercial or education sectors would be advantageous.
• Procurement of subcontract packages
• Assembling enquiry documentation
• Obtaining and analysing Subcontractor quotations and making recommendations
• Preparing Subcontractor order documentation
• Making payments to Subcontractors
• Commercial control of subcontract packages
• You will support the main contract valuation preparation
• Assist in the monthly and quarterly forecast reporting process
• Agreeing final accounts for subcontract packages
• Support and contribute to Project risk and opportunity planning
• Maintaining a professional approach with clients and professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers
• Seeking opportunities and development in design to improve the overall project delivery
• Management of client valuations and variations all the way through to agreeing the final account
• Maintaining client and consultant professional relationships
• Ensuring compliance with contract requirements
Who are we looking for?
• A demonstrable and proven track record working for a main contractor in the construction industry in a two stage tender environment
• Experience in managing and working within a team
• Qualified at degree level and/or working towards MRICS, MCIOB, or equivalent professional level
• Should be comfortable working initially as a no.2 surveyor as part of a commercial team with a willingness to contribute to all project success factors
• A positive, proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues and the client team
• An expert negotiator with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident and experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word
• Experience of working with BIM and computer aided measurement tools
• In depth experience of:
- Preparing Valuations, variations and final accounts
- Managing Sub-contract accounts & procurement
- Working within Company Best Practice Procedures
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.