Building the present, creating the future
A Quantity Surveyor is required to work on our project modifying the existing dock area and new slipway for Milford Haven Port Authority. Works will included some demolition, RC works and will operate within a tidal environment.
The project will run till Autumn 2022 after which you will have opportunity to transfer within the division, with projects throughout Wales and South West England.
To deliver a successful commercial outcome to the project, your key activities will include:
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintain effective communication with contracts managers, project managers, managing / project QS and other associated disciplines.
- Manage, supervise and mentor your "reports" within the commercial structure.
- Provide input to contacts with client's representatives.
- Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents.
- Commercial management of subcontractors including payments preparation, final account work, and inputting into dispute resolution.
- Monitor cost of site resources.
- Produce monthly cost and value reports, quarterly reports and present to senior management.
- Take part in discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
- Understand and promote usage of Company Procedures and suggest improvements to senior management.
- Involvement in change management including input to the programme 'established approach'.
- Ensure timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues.
- Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings.
- Assist with the production of insurance claims.
- Assist in defining and delivery of commercial training to all site staff.
- Provide input to risk management of projects.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- To the standard of Member of CICES or RICS.
- Successful experience at Section QS level.
- Evidence of involvement in and understanding of basic contract law and contractual obligations.
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes car / car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; mentoring and people networks; fair opportunities.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail before applying, please feel free to contact me on 07717 227890 or firstname.lastname@example.org