Our client is a leading international consultancy, with a large operation across the middle east. They have a requirement for a Regional Director – Quantum to be based in the UAE. Ideal candidates for this position will have 20+ years’ experience on high value quantum claims, for a diverse range of prestigious projects in the Middle east. Candidates applying for this position must have a minimum of 10 years Middle East experience and must have acted as a testifying witness in court at least 3 times.
- Take appointments as a testified quantum expert, on all matters of quantum.
- Prepare expert advice, reports and presentations.
- Prepare proposals for cost claims in regards to time and resources.
- Prepare dispute resolution advice and assistance, including arbitrations, mediations and other ADR procedures.
- Undertake forensic investigation into delays.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertake risk/claim assessment and manage/advise on dispute avoidance.
- Provide proactive recommendations and advice on how to avoid additional costs/minimise the costs of legitimate claims.
- Monitor commercial trends to identify opportunities/risks in the market.
- Contribute to legal/contractual publications for the claims management and dispute resolution services.
- Actively manage the elimination of risk and provide early warning to technical and senior manager of any contractual/commercial problems arising and give recommendations as per relevant project contract.
- Recommend new procedures where necessary and actively participate in the delay analysis process.
- Seek, develop, and maintain work for the team, creating steady growth in turnover.
- Actively achieve prompt production of the appropriate submission/response containing arguments that are well rehearsed contractually based principles, detailed assessments of quantum that clearly identify cause and effect.
- Develop and maintain benchmarking data. Prepare and execute contracts and secure supplemental agreements and variations as required.
- BSc Quantity Surveying preferred
- Diverse quantum claims experience (Oil & Gas, Buildings, Infrastructure)
- 20 years’ post graduate experience in professional claims preparation (quantum)
- 10 years GCC experience
- Must have testified in court/arbitration hearings at least 3 or more times
Approx. 80K per month plus benefits (negotiable)