Rail Agent - York.
Required for the CP6 rail framework, you will work on multi discipline projects valued between £2-30 million throughout the London and North East (LNE) area, including East Midlands
Your role will be primarily be based in our regional office in York, but you will be required to work throughout the LNE / East Midlands region.
Your key activities will include:
- Set personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures, and personal safety tours.
- Manage, supervise and mentor the project team as appropriate.
- Adopt, maintain and promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
- Implement and promote the use of BIM technologies to deliver the requirements of the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and the supply chain.
- Encourage repeat business by adopting a professional attitude with clients and stakeholders.
- Establish, maintain and monitor an effective, programme based cost management system, to facilitate control with reliable QF preparation.
- Ensure realistic short, medium and contract programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, briefed, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Ensure all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
- Use recorded weekly internal progress meetings to communicate with all levels of the team.
- Keep off-site line management apprised of potential problems and future work opportunities.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with buying department to ensure compliant advantageous procurement terms.
- Take a personal interest in developing staff to their next level.
- Keep abreast of developments in professional field.
- Establish close working relationship with general foreman to ensure cost-effective use of labour and plant.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful management of a section of a major project, or acting as sub agent on a similar project.
- Experience of working in the development and delivery of multi discipline projects from GRIP stages 3-8.
- Rail experience, ideally with Network Rail and other customers.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant government legislation.
- Working knowledge of construction techniques and contract law relevant to construction contracts.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Completion of SMSTS.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.