Regional Planning Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic Regional Planning Manager who can strengthen our delivery services team in LNE which will cover projects from London North East to Scottish border.
Your key activities will include:
- Setting up and managing the planning team to cover the region with the necessary staff.
- Reporting to Network Rail and attending meetings.
- Produce programmes / update / issue / analyse/ report.
- Carrying out PDR's and familiarising new members of the planning team to P6 and helping with any required training.
We seek someone who combines a passion for developing innovative methods for tender and construction planning with a disciplined and responsible approach to safety, project controls and contract administration during project delivery.
This role is based in York, however some travel including overnight stays may be required in order to support our project teams.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- A qualification in civil engineering / construction to degree level.
- Rail planning experience, especially in multi discipline projects.
- Substantial experience of P6 with experience across a wide range of railway projects, with a good understanding of commercial and contractual matters particularly with respect to NR form of contract.
- An appreciation of BIM / digital construction tools and workflows.
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques.
- A sound knowledge of typical production rates.
- The ability to communicate effectively, and work to defined, often challenging, timescales.
- The ability to lead and manage a team to help deliver projects on time and budget.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.