Building the present, creating the future
About the Role
BAM Nuttall are recruiting for a Regional Procurement & Engagement Manager to be based in either our Kilsyth or Inverness offices with opportunity for flexible working. The expectation of the role is to be responsible for maximising opportunities and value and enhancing visibility of procurement. The role is a Scotland focus with support to international regions as required working across multiple energy and heavy civils projects with also significant building works. The Procurement & Engagement Manager will be involved from preconstruction through to project delivery on a proactive, trusted advisor and go to person for various stakeholders.
This is an important role which is key to success for the wider region. Reporting to the Commercial Manager; this role is specifically responsible for:-
• Development of procurement plan at preconstruction stage and assisting with tenders with internal stakeholders
• Strategic selection of suppliers and subcontractors at preconstruction
• Commercial negotiate through to placement of orders
• Execute the procurement plan and leading the projects teams in procurement
• Build and develop relationships with existing and new supply chain to develop opportunities and ideas
• Build strong relationships with our bid and project teams
• Identify innovation for delivery to our end customers
• Streamlining procurement processes
• Leading procurement with a focus on sustainability and carbon management to contribute to the BAM Net Zero Carbon targets
Who are we looking for?
Who we are looking for
• You will develop your expert knowledge of the UK market (overseas experience is not essential) supporting the preconstruction and project delivery teams to identify opportunity
• You will ideally have in depth knowledge of civil engineering and building projects mainly with focus on a design and build basis
• Have a suitable procurement, commercial or engineering background within a similar industry sector
• Have a minimum of +5 years' experience in the role
• Experience of fostering long term partnering opportunities with supply chain
• Knowledge and understanding of Forms of Contract (not essential)
• Skilled negotiator and excellent communicator with proven experience and good communication skills
• Ability to travel to projects and suppliers
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.