Bouygues Travaux Publics (TP) and Laing O'Rourke, two of Europe's most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, are working together in a joint venture named BYLOR to deliver the main civil engineering works at Hinkley Point C (HPC) worth over £2.8 billion.
Bylor are pushing the boundaries of innovation and modern technology while delivering high quality construction on a massive scale. Bylor have already broken the UK record for the largest continuous concrete pour of 9,000m3 of concrete.
This is great opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation that is challenging the industry and making history.
You can develop your career whilst working on an exciting project with innovative and diverse teams, this is an opportunity that should not be missed.
The role and project experience will enhance your skill set and be a great opportunity if you are keen to learn, innovate and deliver complex works in Civil Engineering.
This is the type of project which offers a large variety of work packages and the opportunity to advance, develop and grow your remit, greatly benefitting your career development.
What can you expect in this role?
- Reviews how achievable, suitable and compatible the specified tolerances are and arranges amendments as required
- Evaluates alternative solutions to find the best solution, initiates 3d modelling to develop methods, clarify issues and resolve method related problems
- Is instrumental in finding alternative solutions to existing methods and practices to improve productivity, quality or safety helping to create best practice
- Produce and gain approval on method statements, risk assessments and task sheets to enable safe systems of work to be implemented. Review methods with a view to making improvements
- Where required prepare weekly programmes and monitor site progress against them
- Ensure with the Supervisor that the works are carried out on site as per the Risk Assessment Method Statement.
- Ensures that up-to-date construction information is distributed to all relevant parties to be used at all times.
- Sets up mechanisms to inform the engineering team of changes as they occur
- Disseminates and explains construction information to sub-contractors, foremen and operatives
- Take off and produce requisitions for materials to be delivered to site ensuring compliance with the standards and specifications
- Ensures that any changes, request for information or non-conformances (NCR) are raised correctly and closed out in a timely manner so as not to impact site works. Ensure appropriate controls are applied to prevent reoccurrence.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that company and project quality requirements procedures are implemented.
- Ensure correct materials, products, plant and systems are used /installed in accordance with project specifications and manufacturer's specifications
- Is responsible for ensuring and guiding a ‘right first time' culture
- Provides advice and assistance in resolution of survey and dimensional control issues
- Ensures that all step within the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) are carried out correctly, ensuring compliance with the process.
- Carries out the role of Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS) for complex temporary works ensuring compliance with company procedures
- Ensure that relevant as-built information is collected and collated.
- Produce productivity and wastage reports and the review of simple outputs against target costs
- Supervises and provides training to ensure competence of the team members
What experience are we looking for?
- 3 years + of site experience
- Understanding of civil engineering projects / complex projects
- Experience of reinforced concrete in a direct delivery role
- Experience of managing people in project environments
- Provide value engineering in deciding the best solutions to engineering problems
- A strong communicator with the ability to present to the team and co-workers
- Capable of building an effective team while Inspiring, challenging and motivating others.
- Ensures timely decision making, steered off data
- Demonstrates commitment to work to processes
- Seeks to minimise waste in resources and materials
- Presents a professional image and promotes the values of the project
All positions with Bylor are employed directly with either Laing O'Rourke or Bouygues Travaux Public and include competitive salaries, private medical insurance, company pension schemes and annual holiday allowance. Some grades will also include a company car allowance.
Unless stated otherwise all positions are based at Hinkley Point C in Somerset. Somerset boasts beautiful English countryside, an attractive coastline, interesting towns and villages along with easy access to the M5 and within proximity to the cities of Bristol and Exeter.
Bylor are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and promote greater equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace.