Building the present, creating the future
We are seeking Section Engineers to join us working initially on our project in Dawlish, with further projects throughout the South West.
Your key activities will include:
- Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour.
- Supervise chainperson, assistant and site engineers.
- Monitor the work to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / RE, together with our supply chain.
- Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
- Ensure that the 3D information drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works, and formally request any missing information.
- Ensure that works are accurately and clearly set out before work is programmed to commence.
- Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Confirm in writing any verbal instructions received from the client / designer / RE's staff and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
- Ensure reasonable survey book standards and daily diaries are maintained by engineers.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed and digitally recorded.
- Prepare 4 weekly programmes in conjunction with the section foreman.
- Monitor 4 weekly programme, mark up progress for review at the weekly site review meeting.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary.
- Carry out material take off and requisitions as requested by sub agent / agent.
- Ensure all delivery tickets are cost coded and passed to finance team for processing.
- Ensure that testing / sampling of materials is carried out as required by the specification.
- Order materials and maintain register of all orders placed and confirmed.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful experience at site engineer level.
- Government legislation on all matters relating to safety and environment.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.