Building the present, creating the future
The TRU West Alliance is delivering a key part of the Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU), a multi-billion pound investment programme that will increase capacity and provide space for millions more passengers in the north every year. The TRU West Alliance is responsible for this transformation between Leeds and Manchester Victoria.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team in Leeds or Manchester working as a Section Engineer.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintaining high personal standards in health and safety, and ensuring adoption of Beyond Zero and Don't Walk By initiatives.
- Maintaining high standards in environmental awareness and behaviour.
- Driving quality delivery through effective planning and right first time delivery.
- Leading, supervising and mentoring site engineering staff.
- Monitoring and recording delivery against the agreed programme and construction methods.
- Maintaining good working relations with client, designer, supply chain and others.
- Making sure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works before commencement, and formally requesting any missing information.
- Ensuring that works are accurately and clearly set out before work commences.
- Recording in writing, on the same day, any verbal instructions received from the client / designer / clients representative.
- Ensuring that comprehensive records of resources employed on all works are maintained.
- Ensuring that Inspection and Test Plans and checklist are in place and followed.
- Completing daily diary records and ensuring they are also being maintain by others.
- Preparing "look ahead" programmes in conjunction with the supervisory staff.
- Monitoring and reporting progress against "look ahead" programmes.
- Ensuring written risk assessments and activity plans/method statements are in place prior to works commencing.
- Ensuring that COSHH assessments are in place and that the requirements are being followed.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Successful experience at site engineer level.
- Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
- Knowledge of Government legislation on all matters relating to safety and environment.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including company car / allowance; pension; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.