Section Quantity Surveyor - Southampton
We have recently started work on a £220million SMART Motorway project on the M27 and seek a Section Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with Company policy. Be aware of and participate fully in the "Beyond Zero" declared vision.
- Maintain effective communication with contracts managers, project managers, managing / project QS and other associated disciplines.
- Assist in staff matters as requested.
- Manage, supervise and mentor your "reports" within the commercial structure and provide assistance emanating from staff performance and development review activities.
- Understand the operation of the commercial training programme.
- Provide input to contacts with client's representatives.
- Assist in preparation of subcontract quotation comparisons and contract documents as required by QS/Senior QS.
- Commercial management of subcontractors including measurement, preparation and processing payments once authorised by senior management.
- Assist in cost monitoring of site resources.
- Assistance in the production of monthly cost and value reports, quarterly reports and cashflow information.
- Take part in discussions concerning performance of those elements of a project for which you are responsible.
- Understand and adhere to usage of Company Procedures as set out by senior management.
- Involvement in change management including input to the programme 'established approach'.
- Ensure timely production and presentation of appropriate levels of applications for payments for those elements of a project for which you are responsible, in accordance with the conditions of contract.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team for those elements of a project for which you are responsible, including referral to senior QS where necessary.
- Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings.
- Assist with the production of insurance claims for those elements of a project for which you are responsible.
- Manage time and workloads for yourself and your "reports" in a structured manner.
- Assist in defining the need for commercial training.
- Provide input to risk management of projects for those elements of a project for which you are responsible.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- To the standard of Technical Member of CICES or Associate member RICS.
- Successful experience at Intermediate Quantity Surveyor level.
- Evidence of involvement in and understanding of basic construction law and contractual relationships.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.