Senior BIM Coordinator – Glasgow
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
The railway sector is one of our core markets, a position it has held throughout our history. We pride ourselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructure design and construction schemes.
We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK’s most prestigious and challenging schemes and we are currently working on behalf of Network Rail, Rail Operating Companies and Contractors throughout the UK on Grip 2 to 8 stages of major infrastructure projects and frameworks, designing and engineering complex technical solutions to meet / exceed our client’s needs. Our clients include HS2 civils works and the Track and Rail North Alliance (Scotland route).
We are seeking a Senior BIM Coordinator to support the expanding rail team in Glasgow working on a variety of on-going design projects within railway and other sectors.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
• Use engineering knowledge, experience and understanding to apply technical and practical engineering coordination skills in a BIM environment
• Responsible for model delivery, reviewing and coordinating and ensuring that company and project standards are maintained on all deliverables, the coordinator acts as the technical hub in the BIM process, they have experience of BIM processes and are capable of sharing and coordinating a variety of disciplines within the BIM environment
• Will have practical experience in the role of Modeller and Coordinator in the AEC industry and can adopt the role of Coordinator or Modeller to suit project requirements and resources
• Work in collaboration with other design disciplines applying BIM solutions to ensure the integrity of the overall design
• Agree and implement project approach for collaboration with Global Design colleagues
• Support the production of project BIM deliverables including models that are accurate, clear and concise, compliant with Arcadis standards, industry best practice and any other standards dictated by the nature of the project
• Deliver work that meet client and Arcadis requirements
• Provide modelling guidance to other members of the BIM team
• Operate at a level consistent with at least Eng. Tech status
• Assist with the coaching and development of capabilities of other BIM practitioners
• Coordinate the production of complex BIM deliverables
• Have an understanding of the coordination of multiple elements of a project and how it ultimately interfaces with the client
• Resolve complex modelling issues
• Coordinate the interfaces of technical work including models and drawings with other disciplines
• Check and verify that quality requirements have been achieved in accordance with Arcadis systems
• Successfully manage, plan, resource and complete assigned BIM modelling work within agreed budgets and deadlines
• Keep up to date with developments in the industry sector and with technical and legislative developments and seek out opportunities to develop a strong professional profile
• Check the models with the objectives and conditions
• Ensure compliance with the BIM Execution Plan
• Make proposals for any design adjustments to be made, and discuss and consult with the relevant members of the team
• Generate graphical or (alfa)numeric output for the benefit of production
• Control, monitor and steer the BIM process with the necessary tools
• Coach and guide involved employees with the implementation and application of BIM
• Guide a project team through the BIM process and provide ad hoc assistance to the wider practice when required
• Liaise with the project team, client and consultants to review all BIM models for the project and make any necessary amendments
• Promote the use of BIM and best practice at all times
• Continuously review the optimal BIM related software
• Extensive experience in AEC industry CAD Modelling and Design Coordination
• Having an expert knowledge of Bentley MicroStation, including 3D modelling, a knowledge of AutoCad would also be beneficial
• Having a working knowledge of at least one other 3D design application such as AecoSim or Revit
• Experience of customising and programming within CAD applications would be an advantage
• Experience of working in a team of CAD technicians with varying skill levels and abilities
• Experience of working in interdisciplinary design teams
• Having an expert knowledge of BIM processes and national BIM standards
• Having a knowledge of how to coordinate interdisciplinary designs within the 3D environment
• Work effectively with colleagues, clients, suppliers or the public, and be aware of the needs and concerns of others, especially where related to diversity and equality
• Experienced in managing, and working with, people from varied discipline, backgrounds and cultures
• Skilled in the use of project Design Decision Logs and Project Assumptions registers to record and agree key project decisions and to manage project risk
• Review and select appropriate techniques, procedures and methods to undertake tasks
• Use appropriate scientific, technical or engineering principles.
• Identify problems and apply appropriate methods to identify causes and achieve satisfactory solutions
• Identify, organise and use resources effectively to complete tasks, with consideration for cost, quality, safety, security and environmental impact
• Work reliably and effectively without close supervision, to the appropriate codes of practice
• Accept responsibility for work of self or others
• Accept, allocate and supervise technical and other tasks
• Have excellent time management skills consistently demonstrated through performance on projects
• Able to provide input to estimates for the engineering budget and schedule and to oversee technical resources to meet requirements on large, straightforward projects
• Have experience in defining BIM outcomes
• Have experience in setting up and coordinating a BIM Protocol and Execution Plan for a given project
• Have a Degree and/or qualification in a relevant technical subject including elements of Modelling (HND/HNC or equivalent)
• Have achieved Engineering Technician status or equivalent through a recognised professional institution and may be looking to convert this to Incorporated status
• Have substantial relevant (production) experience in design, drafting or engineering and BIM
What We Offer:
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career.
In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as: Highly competitive salary Pension matched to 8% Healthcare Life Assurance Income Protection Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid Tax Free Season Ticket Loan Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave, Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make.
Please note that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.