Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construct UK are recruiting a Senior Building Services Surveyor with a proven track record of running and completing multiple M&E services packages on projects ranging from £2m to £20m in sectors including commercial, education, health and mixed use developments. Projects will all be within the North East region. Your time will be split between the head office in Leeds and sites around the region. You will be part of the M&E team, reporting directly to the Building Services Managing Surveyor but you will also be expected to become a part of our project construction teams working collaboratively with our construction team QS.
The successful applicant would be capable of managing pre and post contract aspects of M&E services surveying on either multiple smaller projects or a single large project.
They will be expected to provide general financial and commercial M&E support across a variety of projects within the region, which will include but is not limited to:
• Involvement in the development of design and procurement strategies to maximise opportunities in improving project delivery
• Involvement in identifying key project risks and agreement of mitigation strategies.
• The production of Monthly and Quarterly Cost Reports including assessing cost and value to date and projecting future cost and value
• Ensuring compliance with Business requirements and Best Practice procedures
• The production of monthly valuations and agreement with client representatives
• The measurement, valuation and negotiation of Client Variations
• Maintaining professional relationships at all times with Client's, Consultants and our Supply Chain partners
• Maintaining a close working relationship with the construction team and specifically the project commercial lead from construction
As well as being able to procure and commercially manage the M&E subcontract packages, which includes:
• Ensuring supply chain competency with Business and Project requirements prior to issue of any tender enquiry
• Agreement of specific Work Package scope of works and the preparation of all relevant documentation for formal subcontract enquiries
• Procurement negotiations including agreement of S/C terms and conditions
• Analysis / reconciliation of returned tenders and the preparation of the final subcontract recommendation
• Producing and issuing out robust and relevant subcontract order documentation
• Commercial responsibility throughout on all matters relating to subcontract work packages including interim applications and agreement of final accounts
Who are we looking for?
• Minimum relevant qualification to HNC, HND level but ideally qualified at degree level, or working towards MRICS or equivalent professional level
• Have the depth of experience and competencies required of the role.
• Be a positive and proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues, our supply chain partners and the client team
• Share the same general values and ethos as the Business and promote these at all times
• Be a good negotiator.
• Have a keen eye for detail.
• Have the confidence and ability to participate and work within a team environment
• Have good communication skills and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.