Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM FM is recruiting a Senior Chef Manager to join our Bromsgrove Team on a 43-week full time contract. This post is to support the Facility Manager delivering catering solutions at Bromsgrove PFI Schools. The position holder will be responsible for the operations and logistics of running the five kitchens.
• Assist Facility Manager producing costed service delivery plans
• Managing to a budget achieving financial targets set by the Business
• Responsible for managing food delivery within the schools to exacting specifications
• Promote and recommend improvements to the service, increase uptake across the five schools.
• Adhering to current HACCP and food safety regulations
• Ensuring and encouraging kitchen managers, cooks and kitchen assistants adhere to industry & company standards for food preparation
• Monitoring Food Production levels to minimize waste
• Use current BAM FM management systems to maintain food safety records
• Monitor and maintain orderly and secure storage of supplies, accurate stock levels, including kitchen materials.
• Ensure safe working practices around the kitchen equipment
• Deal with any maintenance issues.
• Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training, attending external courses and LACA conferences.
• Always adhere to all company policies & procedures
• Be involved and contribute to Client Operational meetings where needed
• Provide catering figures & data for formal client reports
• Carry out regular safety conversations and toolbox talks
• Attendance at school catering forums where required.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience working as a Chef in high volume catering within Education sector or Contract Catering
• Food Safety Hygiene (level 2) Certificate - Level 3 Desirable
• Catering Qualification (C&G or Diploma)
• Innovative and creative
• Experienced in menu planning and costing
• Experience of H&S including Food Safety
• Knowledge of Natasha's Law [Food Allergen Labelling] and its implementation in the kitchen & School Food Plan Standards.
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
• Good ICT Skills
• Working knowledge of cashless catering solutions e.g., Biostore Fastrack & ParentPay.
• Ability to train staff on the use of commercial kitchen equipment
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures
• In depth knowledge of COSHH regulations
• Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
• Holds full UK driving license
• Willingness to drive from site to site
• Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, team building & interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent people management skills; treats all customers with courtesy and consideration.
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward-thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary, small van and benefits package included, we support further personal growth and development. BAM operates a flexible working policy.
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for over 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail, and commercial sectors.