Senior Civil Engineer
South East Water wish to appoint an experienced Senior Civil Engineer, whom is able to bring significant technical and delivery capabilities in network and treatment projects, to join our busy Engineering Team.
We value academic and industrial experience in design and construction and seek established engineers from a diverse range of backgrounds. We intend to develop an inclusive, supportive and flexible working environment which aims to be a model of best practice.
Good people management skills with experience of leading teams, the ability to work closely with peers, good technical report writing and editorial skills, the ability to work with minimal technical supervision and good oral communication are the essential characteristics and attributes for this role whilst also having technical competence with the ability to exercise sound engineering judgement and decision making where appropriate.
Candidates who want to return to engineering after a career break, would be welcomed, SEW offer an approved training scheme from the Institution of Civil Engineers and professional development for individuals who want to further their career.
Responsibilities & Duties include:
- Undertaking detailed line by line calculations and checks of calculations
- Carrying out feasibility studies with option appraisals for optimal and buildable solutions and then proceed to detailed design
- Finding innovative ways of delivering more output for less design cost
- Ensuring technical delivery meets project objectives in terms of health & safety, quality and efficiency targets
- Management of junior engineers providing mentoring as required
- Advising on appropriate inputs for programmes, estimates and contract preparation
- Managing and liaising with contractors and sub-contractors working in an integrated design team
- Liaison with customers, internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery and to maintain and enhance the reputation of South East Water
- Liaison internally at all levels with the Department
This post is subject to a basic criminal record check and Right to Work in the UK.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a minimum of 25 days annual leave pro rata, a stakeholder pension scheme in which the maximum Company contribution is 10% and a life assurance scheme.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit any application early.