Senior Civil Engineer/Utilities Manager
Vacancy type : Full time
Salary scale : £55-65k plus benefits
Location : Central London
We are looking for a Civil Engineer with 10-15 years post qualification experience, and a strong background in utilities (particularly water and wastewater projects) to work within the Company's Commercial Dept. in Central London.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience, ideally in the field of utilities and infrastructure delivery with a particular emphasis on water and wastewater projects and a working knowledge of the Water Industry Act.
- Excellent communication skills.
- I.T. literate
- Experience of negotiation with Statutory Undertakers.
- Proven record of delivering infrastructure projects, particularly “first time” water and wastewater for residential development.
- Project Management experience including coordinating multi – disciplinary teams, contractual and financial management.
- Experience of representing the company to a wide range of external stakeholders.
- Manage and Build relationships with stakeholders, consultants and contractors
- Preparation, negotiation and delivery of professional service contracts.
- Experience of standard industry contracts, particularly the NEC suite.
Responsibilities to include
- Management of External Suppliers/Consultants/Contractors
- Arranging and commissioning desk top studies for newly acquired sites.
- Organise surveys of private infrastructure where identified.
- Preparation and submission of Landlord/tenant Dilapidation claims.
- Upkeep of departmental Project Management database
- Preparation of Resident Management Company budgets.
- Provide engineering support to our regional Build and Development teams.
- Project Manage “first time” electric, water and wastewater provision for residential estates
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus, up to 15% of salary
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- Company Car
- Industry leading company Group pension scheme
- Group Life Insurance
- Continuous training and professional development
Annington is one of the largest providers of privately rented housing in the UK, and is one of the leading players in the Private Rented Sector (PRS). Annington owns over 40,000 homes with an asset value of over £7 billion.
We currently have around 50 full time staff spread across two offices in London and Cranfield.
Annington’s portfolio is unique in the privately rented sector. We specialise in family homes for the UK’s most critical workers, notably the military. Presently, more than 95% of our portfolio is leased to the Ministry Of Defence (MoD) on a 200 year contract.
To date, we have helped over 17,000 people purchase their own home, many of whom were first time buyers, service personnel and key workers. We have also let 1,000s of homes to private individuals.
To apply please e-mail your CV and covering letter by clicking “Apply now” below.
£55-65k plus benefits