Senior Civil Project Engineer
London Gateway is a unique development that will combine the UK's newest deep-sea container port in London with Europe's largest logistics park.
The purpose of the Senior Civil Project Engineer is to assist in the management/engineering of a major and complex infrastructure project.
Key objectives of the role are to assist in the delivery of civil engineering projects from concept to completion in line with agreed programme and budget.
Key Responsibilities include
- Manage the feasibility, scoping, tendering, and construction of major civil engineering projects specifically in the Port and Industrial warehousing sector.
- Supervision and co-ordination of construction works on site;
- Ensure all works on site are carried out in a safe and environmentally acceptable manor;
- Management of design works by consultants;
- Contract administration of projects;
- Reporting on contract (or elements of the contract) progress and advise on actions needed to keep the project to the agreed programme and budget;
- To prepare and review documentation for regulatory approvals and contract issue;
- Advise and liaise with project stakeholders and consultants;
- Contribute to the continuous business improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives;
- Comply with Fatal Risk Standards, Health & Safety Policy and safe working practices, ensure responsibility for safety and discipline in work area and report accidents and ‘near misses’ in accordance with defined safety procedures;
- Implementation requires integration of limited specified resources and procedures;
- Some flexibility to modify the established sequence of work;
- There is a requirement to understand basic functional procedures to a level of sufficiency;
- Supervision more frequently and work monitored for progress and results;
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Stakeholder and consultant liaison/advice
- To be an Ambassador for the company at all times internally and externally;
The above outlined responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other tasks that are appropriate to your role in addition to these.
Degree or Higher Degree in Civil Engineering.
Preferably Chartered or working towards Chartered Engineer Status (ICE)
Skills and experience
- Significant demonstrable Civil Engineering work experience;
- A sound knowledge of Civil Engineering practices and CDM regulations;
- Good understanding of ICE, NEC, JCT and FIDIC contracts;
- Ability to co-ordinate design teams and Contractors;
- A sound working knowledge of AutoCAD;
- Strong analytical skills and confident in handling and interpreting numerical data and information;
- Good report writing skills;
- Ability to collate and disseminate facts ensuring that the audience understands information being presented supported by high presentation proficiency to present the project in a variety of forums to different levels of business;
- Confident communicator both face to face and in writing with all levels;
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint packages to competently use computer software to create documents, spreadsheets and presentations;
- Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge.